NOTE: This site has been overrun by spam and is currently being cleaned up and moved to a better system (March
06). Apologies (please bear with us).
Topic maps are a standard for managing metadata (somewhat similar to RDF). They can be used to generate navigation for a website, and for lots of other metadata tasks. Topic maps are a new standard (since ± 2000) and are slowly becoming more popular.
What is topic maps?
- Say hi in the Topic Map Cafe.
- This is a wiki. You can add pages to this website and
Edit any Page! Just like that!!!
- What Are Topicmaps
- Understanding Topicmaps
- Topic Map FAQ
- How Does It Fit Together
- So Whats Wrong With Topic Maps
- Are Topic Maps Hard To Learn
Who uses TopicMaps?
You don't need any programs to write your first topic map, just a text editor like notepad.
- My First Topicmap
- Topic Map Authoring Tips, hints and best practices.
- Publicly Available Topicmaps Examples always help.
- Topicmap Tutorials
- Linear Topic Map Notation An easy way to write topic maps.
- Astma Notation Another easy notation.
- Existing Taxonomies
Comparing and integrating with other technologies and concepts
- Topicmaps And Concept Maps
- Topicmaps And RDF
- Topicmaps And Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
- Topicmaps And KM Topic maps and Knowledge Management
- Topicmap Thesaurus Or Controlled Vocabulary How does a topic map compare with these other tools?
- Topicmaps And Rdbms Relational Databases
- Published Subjects are crucial for topic maps, and will certainly be useful for other
Semantic Web applications
- Topicmap Consultants Add your own name if you're a Topic Map consultant.
- Topicmap Software Commercial software.
- Topicmap Free Tools
- Topicmap Resources
- Topicmap Books
- Topicmap Links
If you think of an interesting page to add just go ahead, add it! Just edit a page and type any word with capitals. On the resulting page, there will be a question mark after the word. Click the question mark and you are now editing your new page.